-   -   formula to remind me of an appointment 3 months in the future (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/99056-formula-remind-me-appointment-3-months-future.html)

jamaicanbashi

formula to remind me of an appointment 3 months in the future

I would like to set up a formula to remind me of a meeting in the future for
clientel of about 100, different dates in the future over a 6 months period.
If not using an excel package, maybe using a next package.
thanks

Franz Verga

jamaicanbashi wrote:
I would like to set up a formula to remind me of a meeting in the
future for clientel of about 100, different dates in the future over
a 6 months period. If not using an excel package, maybe using a next
package.
thanks

Maybe it would be better if you post an example of your data and dates... Or
if you like you could also upload an example file to www.savefile.com

--
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

MartinW

formula to remind me of an appointment 3 months in the future

Hi jamaican,

One way

In cell A1 put =TODAY()
In cell B1 put Your target date
In cell C1 put =B1-A1

Then use conditional formatting in C1 to fill the cell Red
when cell value is equal to zero.

When you open the file each morning any meetings due that
day will be red. If you aren't going to open it each day it
may be safer to use cell value is less than or equal to zero.

You can come up with a lot of other variations along similar lines.

HTH
Martin