-   -   How do I find best fit out of a set of options by ranking criteri (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/98736-how-do-i-find-best-fit-out-set-options-ranking-criteri.html)

cl_bud

How do I find best fit out of a set of options by ranking criteri

I'm trying to figure out how to rank options (or find the best fit) when a
level of importance is given on each set of data.

Domenic

How do I find best fit out of a set of options by ranking criteri

Can you provide a sample of your data, along with your expected results?

In article ,
cl_bud wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to rank options (or find the best fit) when a
level of importance is given on each set of data.

cl_bud

How do I find best fit out of a set of options by ranking crit

For example if I have 50 different cars with criteria for Safety, gas
mileage, speed, size, etc. Each customer would categorize each of these
criteria different in importance to them. I want to see how the rank for
each car would change given their level of importance in each category. Does
this make sense?

cl_bud wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to rank options (or find the best fit) when a
level of importance is given on each set of data.

Mike Middleton

How do I find best fit out of a set of options by ranking criteri

cl_bud -

This paper may help:

http://www.usfca.edu/fac-staff/middl...0304132235.pdf

- Mike