-   -   how can I insert rows in part of worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/98646-how-can-i-insert-rows-part-worksheet.html)

vin

how can I insert rows in part of worksheet

I want to insert a row (say a10:g10) in part of a worksheet (say a1:g50)
without disturbing the contents of cells in rest of row 10 (j10:n10). How I
can do this?

Sheila D

how can I insert rows in part of worksheet

It sounds like you want to insert cells not a row. highlight the cells you
want to replace and choose Insert, Cells. You will have to indicate whether
to to move dependant data down or to the right.
HTH - Sheila
www.c-i-m-s.com
MS Office training - London

"vin" wrote:

I want to insert a row (say a10:g10) in part of a worksheet (say a1:g50)
without disturbing the contents of cells in rest of row 10 (j10:n10). How I
can do this?

vin

how can I insert rows in part of worksheet

No I want to insert a blank row but extending up tp column g from a but
leaving the contents of the data in j10:n10 intact

"vin" wrote:

I want to insert a row (say a10:g10) in part of a worksheet (say a1:g50)
without disturbing the contents of cells in rest of row 10 (j10:n10). How I
can do this?

Gord Dibben

how can I insert rows in part of worksheet

You cannot insert just part of a row.

All or nothing.

But you can insert cells as Sheila points out.

Or just copy 10 empty cells and paste onto A10:G10

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP