-   -   referencing todays date. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/98559-referencing-todays-date.html)

chesty

referencing todays date.

i have an excel sheet which pulls figures in from 2 seperate sources and i
use it to calculate differences etc..

one source its pulling from is an excel sheet that is named by todays date.
i.e pvbp_07_11_07.xls is the one for today.

if in my sheet i want my cells to update automatically with todays figures
and then tomorrow with tomorrows how do i refernce the cell to change daily
with the change in the name of the other sheet??
--
chesty

Bob Phillips

referencing todays date.

Normally you use INDIRECT

=INDIRECT("pvbp_"&TEXT(TODAY(),"mm_dd_yy")&"!A1")

to get at a cell in a sheet, but if you really mean a workbook, this
technique does not work with closed workbooks. For this you need something
else, sucha s Laurent Longre's addin, MOREFUNC, at http://xcell05.free.fr/

--
HTH

Bob Phillips