-   -   How do I reformat my database from all uppercase to proper? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/98509-how-do-i-reformat-my-database-all-uppercase-proper.html)

Princey

How do I reformat my database from all uppercase to proper?

I have downloaded a list of names and it is in all uppercase. I'm sure that
it can be converted in excel to PROPER, but I have tried and tried and cannot
make it happen. Anybody help me?

Thanks,

Princey

Nick Hodge

How do I reformat my database from all uppercase to proper?

Princey

Use a helper column and enter the function

=PROPER(A1)

and copy down as far as you need

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Princey" wrote in message
I have downloaded a list of names and it is in all uppercase. I'm sure
that
it can be converted in excel to PROPER, but I have tried and tried and
cannot
make it happen. Anybody help me?

Thanks,

Princey

Marcelo

How do I reformat my database from all uppercase to proper?

=proper(a1)

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo