-   -   How do I create a list inside a single cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/98434-how-do-i-create-list-inside-single-cell.html)

desert_penguin

How do I create a list inside a single cell?

I need to be able to create a simple, bulleted list inside a single cell,
where I don't need to be concerned about the cell width in order for a line
to break as I desire.
Thanks.

Paul B

How do I create a list inside a single cell?

desert_penguin, to get a new line in a cell use Alt+enter, is that what you
want?

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"desert_penguin" wrote in message
I need to be able to create a simple, bulleted list inside a single cell,
where I don't need to be concerned about the cell width in order for a
line
to break as I desire.
Thanks.

JLatham

How do I create a list inside a single cell?

For the other part of it, the bulleted list, you can use Insert | Symbol at
the beginning of each line to pick a type of bullet to show there. Actually,
once you've inserted it once, you can copy that one character and then paste
it at the start of each new line within the cell after using [Alt]+[Enter]

"Paul B" wrote:

desert_penguin, to get a new line in a cell use Alt+enter, is that what you
want?

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"desert_penguin" wrote in message
I need to be able to create a simple, bulleted list inside a single cell,
where I don't need to be concerned about the cell width in order for a
line
to break as I desire.
Thanks.

Gord Dibben

How do I create a list inside a single cell?

Bullets can be inserted by using ALT + 0149 from the NumPad

To get more than one line in a cell type your bullet, data then hit ALT + ENTER.

Once you experiment you will get the idea.

You can make a bulleted/numbered list in a cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP