-   -   Double Entry table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/98284-double-entry-table.html)

Mnilo

Double Entry table

Hi all:

I would like to know how to look for in a double entry table in Excel (a
table with row and colums of data).

For example in columns I have names of cities and in rows I have names of
companies, I would like (for example) a formula to introduce as imput Boston
and Microsoft and the formula will show the crossing of both variables (for
instance the number of employees of Microsoft in Boston).

Thank in advance.

Ardus Petus

Double Entry table

Say cities are in A2:A100, companies in B1:AA1, # of employees in B2:AA100
Say A102 holds Boston and A103 holds Microsoft

=INDEX(B2:AA100,MATCH(A102,A2:A100,0),MATCH(A103,B 1:AA1,0))

HTH
--
AP

"Mnilo" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi all:

I would like to know how to look for in a double entry table in Excel (a
table with row and colums of data).

For example in columns I have names of cities and in rows I have names of
companies, I would like (for example) a formula to introduce as imput
Boston and Microsoft and the formula will show the crossing of both
variables (for instance the number of employees of Microsoft in Boston).

Thank in advance.

Toppers

Double Entry table

Use index:

=INDEX(G2:H3,MATCH(A1,$F$2:$F$3,0),MATCH(A2,$G$1:$ H$1,0))

F G H
1 Boston New York
2 IBM 1000 2000
3 Microsoft 1500 2500

2000 == matching IBM (in A1) with NewYork (in A2)

HTH

"Mnilo" wrote:

Hi all:

I would like to know how to look for in a double entry table in Excel (a
table with row and colums of data).

For example in columns I have names of cities and in rows I have names of
companies, I would like (for example) a formula to introduce as imput Boston
and Microsoft and the formula will show the crossing of both variables (for
instance the number of employees of Microsoft in Boston).

Thank in advance.

Mnilo

Double Entry table

thanks both for your help, it is working perfectly now.