-   -   Data Validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9822-data-validation.html)

Tony

Data Validation

One a drop-down box is created for selection can it populate multiple cells
with its selection. Can I create a table with 3 columns and populate 3 cells
when I make my drop down selection

GerryK

It could be as simple as placing =A1 in all your cells
that you want he value to be in. (A1 is your drop down
cell).

One a drop-down box is created for selection can it

populate multiple cells
with its selection. Can I create a table with 3 columns

and populate 3 cells
when I make my drop down selection
.

Debra Dalgleish

Perhaps you could use data validation in one cell, then VLOOKUP formulas
to return the matching values in the adjacent cells. There are
instructions and examples he

There's a sample invoice that uses data validation and VLookup formulas
he

Under Data Validation, look for 'Invoice for Selected Number'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List