-   -   Calculate the difference between two cell entries using NOW() func (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/98107-calculate-difference-between-two-cell-entries-using-now-func.html)

CZeigler

Calculate the difference between two cell entries using NOW() func

I'm having some difficulty displaying the time lapsed between cell entries.
I tried using the now function embedded within an if statement but the now
function recalculates everytime I enter something in a new cell giving me an
elapsed time of 0. Is there a way to turn the automatic calculation of the
now function off without turning automatic calculation off for the entire
workbook?

Gonzo

Calculate the difference between two cell entries using NOW() func

No.

You'll need to find a way to temporarily store the initial time value
(in a cell or a VBA variable) so you can reuse it afterwards. Anyhow,
seems like a VBA job to me.