-   -   textbox font size (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/98023-textbox-font-size.html)

AskExcel

textbox font size

hi all,
i make my sheet font size to 8 but why when i enter text in my text box, the
font size larger than 8?
where can i define the font size so that it also 8?
thanks

JLatham

textbox font size

Right-click on the text box and choose Format Text Box from the popup window.
Dialog will open up allowing you to define text attributes and more.

"AskExcel" wrote:

hi all,
i make my sheet font size to 8 but why when i enter text in my text box, the
font size larger than 8?
where can i define the font size so that it also 8?
thanks

AskExcel

textbox font size

hi,
i still cannot find the text attributes to define my font size.
please help.
rgds

"AskExcel" wrote:

hi all,
i make my sheet font size to 8 but why when i enter text in my text box, the
font size larger than 8?
where can i define the font size so that it also 8?
thanks

JLatham

textbox font size

I am rather embarrassed by this. I never received notice that you'd replied
to my post. I realize it's over a month later now, but if you are still
having trouble with this, let me know. I just didn't get notification of
reply before.

If you're using a text box from the Drawing toolbar (View | Toolbars |
Drawing) then you should be able to click and select the text box with text
in it and then right-click in the area highlighted around it and choose
Format Text Box and it will take you directly to a dialog window with tabs,
one of which is for defining all attributes of the text in it.

But if you are using the TextBox from the Control Toolbox, then the ability
simply does not exist.