-   -   Avg Times in MOD fx using selected rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/97988-avg-times-mod-fx-using-selected-rows.html)

vldavis809

Avg Times in MOD fx using selected rows

I have a question in regards to averaging times. I am using the "MOD"
fx due to having times that will go past 12mid (utilizing military
times). I am finding the difference between the two times in two
separate columns and returning a value in minutes in a third column.
This seems to be working correctly.

Now, with that, I would like to only choose certain rows with those
times that are represented by a constant factor and then average the
times from the above difference.

I have used a "SUMIF" fx and added to that a "+AVERAGE" fx but the
value is not the correct average.

Is there another way? Or am I doing it completely wrong?

PLEASE HELP!!!

--
vldavis809
vldavis809's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36146

Dav

Avg Times in MOD fx using selected rows

If your sumif works correctly to return a total, use the same criteria
on a countif. then for the average =sumif function/countif function

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Bob Phillips

Avg Times in MOD fx using selected rows

Try

=AVERAGE(IF(rng_to_test=criteria,rng_to_average))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips