-   -   fill down multiple cells in the same column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/97841-fill-down-multiple-cells-same-column.html)

Jerome

fill down multiple cells in the same column

Good day,

Could someone please help me with the following. I want to fill down
multiple cell contents within the same columns. There are over 12000 rows and
the columns vary from 2 or mo

A B
2
3
4
5 def
6
7
8 ghi
9
10
11 jkl
12
13
14
15 mno
16
17
18
19 pqr

Thank you and best regards,

Jerome

Marcelo

fill down multiple cells in the same column

Hi Jerone,

try to use an auxiliar column to do it as

assuming the original data is on A and B
on the column C and D use:

first row =a2 (on C column) and =b2 (on D column)
to the other rows =if(a3="",c2,a3) and if(b3="",d2,b3)

copy it down and copy and paste special as value to A and B column

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Jerome" escreveu:

[...]

Hi,

use an auxiliar column to do, assuming your data is an A and B

on C2 and D2 use =a2 and B2 respect..

on C3 =if(a3="",c2,a3) and =if(b3="",d2,b3) respect..

copy it down.

copy and paste special values to substitute the old A and B column

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Jerome" escreveu:

[...]

Gord Dibben

fill down multiple cells in the same column

Select columns A and B.

F5SpecialBlanksOK.

In active cell enter an = sign then point to the cell above and hit CTRL +
ENTER.

You can then copy A and B and Paste Special(in place)ValuesOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP