-   -   Delete rows with certain text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/97639-delete-rows-certain-text.html)

Pete

Delete rows with certain text

Hi!

I want to delete rows in certain with a certain text in the b column.

2704000 528050 0 0 121637
#N/A 0 0 151637
#N/A 0 0 126397
#N/A 0 0 121637
761900 0 0 521537
#N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A
#N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A
#N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A
Ie in this example i want to remove all columns that have #N/A in them in
the B column!

How do i do that? Ive tryed mixing some macros but im not so good at them...

Ron Coderre

Delete rows with certain text

Try this:

Select the Col_B data range.

From the Excel main menu:
<edit<find
Find what: #N/A
Click the [find all] button

While the list of all matching cells is displayed:
Hold down the [ctrl] key and press A
(That will select all of the #N/A cells in Col_B)

Next:
From the Excel main menu:
<edit<delete<entire row

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Pete" wrote:

Hi!

I want to delete rows in certain with a certain text in the b column.

2704000 528050 0 0 121637
#N/A 0 0 151637
#N/A 0 0 126397
#N/A 0 0 121637
761900 0 0 521537
#N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A
#N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A
#N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A
Ie in this example i want to remove all columns that have #N/A in them in
the B column!

How do i do that? Ive tryed mixing some macros but im not so good at them...

David Biddulph

"Pete" wrote in message
Hi!

I want to delete rows in certain with a certain text in the b column.

2704000 528050 0 0 121637
#N/A 0 0 151637
#N/A 0 0 126397
#N/A 0 0 121637
761900 0 0 521537
#N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A
#N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A
#N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A
Ie in this example i want to remove all columns that have #N/A in them in
the B column!

How do i do that? Ive tryed mixing some macros but im not so good at
them...

Autofilter, & delete the rows that show.
--
David Biddulph