-   -   how do I adjust working calendar (6 day work week) in excel that . (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9763-how-do-i-adjust-working-calendar-6-day-work-week-excel.html)

Hatem

how do I adjust working calendar (6 day work week) in excel that .

I need to use the WORKDAY function, but adjust the working calendar to have
Friday and Saturday as the weekend, and in another case to work with 6 day
work weeks. I cannot find anything in excel (as in MS Project) that lets me
define the working calendar.

Bob Phillips

That is because Project is designed to work with schedules, Excel isn't. It
can't do everything (and should certainly not try to).

Don't have an answer for the first one yet, but I'll keep trying, but the 6
day week can be solved with this formula that Frank Kabel posted just before
Christmas

=A1+IF(A2=0,0,SIGN(A2)*SMALL(IF((WEEKDAY(A1+SIGN(A 2)*(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ABS(
A2)*10))),2)<7)*ISNA(MATCH(A1+SIGN(A2)*(ROW(INDIRE CT("1:"&ABS(A2)*10))),holi
days,0)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ABS(A2)*10))),ABS(A2)))

where A1 is the start date, A2 is the duration, and you must have a range
called holidays, even if there are no dates in it.

--

HTH

RP