-   -   If Statement/Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/96851-if-statement-conditional-formatting.html)

JS

If Statement/Conditional Formatting

If Kaiser is entered in Column C, I want column F's figure to be displayed in
red. Does anyone know how to write formula? I am not that experienced with
formulas but know it can be done.

C D E F
Anthem 44115 #N/A $123.00
UHC 44511 #N/A $1,234.00
Aetna 44623 #N/A $12,345.00
Kaiser 130021 #N/A $45,646.00

Thanks!

bpeltzer

If Statement/Conditional Formatting

If your data begins in row 1, start in cell F1. Select that cell, then
Format Conditional Formatting. In the first drop-down, choose 'Formula
Is'. Then in the text box, enter =(C1="Kaiser"). Use the buttons to choose
the format you want then click OK.
You should be able to use the format painter to copy that format (including
the conditional format) to subsequent cells in column F. Or after setting up
cell F1, select column F and ctrl+y to repeat the conditional formatting.

"JS" wrote:

If Kaiser is entered in Column C, I want column F's figure to be displayed in
red. Does anyone know how to write formula? I am not that experienced with
formulas but know it can be done.

C D E F
Anthem 44115 #N/A $123.00
UHC 44511 #N/A $1,234.00
Aetna 44623 #N/A $12,345.00
Kaiser 130021 #N/A $45,646.00

Thanks!

JS

If Statement/Conditional Formatting

It worked! Thank you so much!

"JS" wrote:

If Kaiser is entered in Column C, I want column F's figure to be displayed in
red. Does anyone know how to write formula? I am not that experienced with
formulas but know it can be done.

C D E F
Anthem 44115 #N/A $123.00
UHC 44511 #N/A $1,234.00
Aetna 44623 #N/A $12,345.00
Kaiser 130021 #N/A $45,646.00

Thanks!

Domenic

If Statement/Conditional Formatting

Assuming that C2:F5 contains the data, try the following...

1) Select F2:F5, making sure that F2 is the active cell

2) Format Conditional Formatting Formula Is

3) Enter the following formula:

=$C2="Kaiser"

4) Choose your formatting

5) Click Ok