-   -   Counting for two criteria - brain drain (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9679-counting-two-criteria-brain-drain.html)

seve

Counting for two criteria - brain drain

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I need to count the number of dates in column C for each rep (column A)
for each Equipment type (column C).

A B C
Rep Eqp Date
1 a 31-Jan
2 b 31-Jan
1 a 1-Feb
2 a

result should be Rep one has 2 Rep two has -0- for equipment type a.
Thanks,

Steve

Trevor Shuttleworth

Steve

look at SUMPRODUCT

Regards

Trevor

"seve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I need to count the number of dates in column C for each rep (column A)
for each Equipment type (column C).

A B C
Rep Eqp Date
1 a 31-Jan
2 b 31-Jan
1 a 1-Feb
2 a

result should be Rep one has 2 Rep two has -0- for equipment type a.
Thanks,

Steve

Ola

Easiest would be to use a Pivot table. Max 30 sec. to do.
Mark all values incl. headlines
Data 'Pivot Table and Pivot Table Charts'
Click Finish

Drag and drop the first two to Row
Drag and drop the last to Data

Done!
If it doesn't say Count, doubbleclick on Pivottable button.

Ola