-   -   copying a picture in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/96741-copying-picture-cell.html)

Soundman

copying a picture in a cell

Hi all,

This seems like a simple problem, but here I am anyway. I have a series
of simple pictures in a spreadsheet. Depending on what the user inputs
into A1, I want A2 to show the corresponding picture. For example if
the type "cat" in A1, the A2 would show a picture of a cat. The pictues
are already in the spreadsheet, it's just a matter of finding a function
that will copy the cell that it's in & paste it into A2. If I manually
copy & paste the cell it works, but I'm looking for a formula that can
do that.

I've also tried naming the picture & using an if function. IE: =if
(A1="cat",cat,""). But what that did was paste the words "group312" in
the cell instead of the picture.

I prefer to keep this away from turning into a VB project.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Bill

--