-   -   getting a percentage (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9636-getting-percentage.html)

Mikewoodmsw

getting a percentage

I want to convert a test score to a percentage, however the fraction may
change

e.g. column E displays scores which are out of 14. How do I have that
displayed in column F as a percentage?

Dave R.

Go to, for example, F1, and enter =E1/14

Then format it as a percentage (click on the % sign on the toolbar, if it's
there, if not right click and select format cells then percentage).

"Mikewoodmsw" wrote in message
I want to convert a test score to a percentage, however the fraction may
change

e.g. column E displays scores which are out of 14. How do I have that
displayed in column F as a percentage?

Mikewoodmsw

\thank you Dave

"Dave R." wrote:

Go to, for example, F1, and enter =E1/14

Then format it as a percentage (click on the % sign on the toolbar, if it's
there, if not right click and select format cells then percentage).

"Mikewoodmsw" wrote in message
I want to convert a test score to a percentage, however the fraction may
change

e.g. column E displays scores which are out of 14. How do I have that
displayed in column F as a percentage?

Gord Dibben

Mike

In F1 enter =E1/14 and format as percentage.

If the 14 will change over time, you could enter that number in a cell(say A1)
and refer to the cell.

=E1/A1

Gord Dibben Excel MVP