Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Keeprogoal

Default Set a date and have other cells reference it and incease monthly?

I am inputting a date (mm/dd/yyyy), and I want that specific date to be the
intial input where other cells can reference that cell and then increase
monthly (Jan-Dec) and yearly.

For instance, if the initial date is 01/13/1985... I want the next cell the
reference that date and automatically change from 01/13/1985 to 02/13/1985
then next cell 03/13/1985 etc etc etc...

These cells may not be next to each other (side by side) throughout the
excel document.

Thank you,

Philip Johnson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Franz Verga

Keeprogoal wrote:
I am inputting a date (mm/dd/yyyy), and I want that specific date to
be the intial input where other cells can reference that cell and
then increase monthly (Jan-Dec) and yearly.

For instance, if the initial date is 01/13/1985... I want the next
cell the reference that date and automatically change from 01/13/1985
to 02/13/1985 then next cell 03/13/1985 etc etc etc...

These cells may not be next to each other (side by side) throughout
the excel document.

Thank you,

Philip Johnson

Hi Philip,

If you input 01/13/1985 in A2 and in B2 input
=date(year(A2),month(A2)+1,day(A2)), in B2 you will see 02/13/1985.

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

How are other cells referencing that date cell?

A1 = 1/13/1985

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))

Returns 2/13/1985

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+12,DAY(A1))