-   -   Counting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/95965-counting.html)

fomula problems

Counting

I have a spreadsheet which every other column has 1's,A's,M's or is blank . I
would like to be able to tell how many blanks or 1's or M's or A's are in the
colomn, and would like to also know how many in the total for all of the
every other column hope this makes sense.
Alan

babycody

Counting

=COUNTIF($G$1:$G$20,"=1")
=COUNTIF($G$1:$G$20,"=A")
=COUNTBLANK($G$1:$G$20)

"and would like to also know how many in the total for all of the
every other column"

Haven't a clue what you want for this part.

--
babycody
babycody's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13120

Don Guillett

Counting

Pls post in ONE group only

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"fomula problems" wrote in
message ...
I have a spreadsheet which every other column has 1's,A's,M's or is blank .
would like to be able to tell how many blanks or 1's or M's or A's are in
the
colomn, and would like to also know how many in the total for all of the
every other column hope this makes sense.
Alan

fomula problems

Counting

Did not realise that I was in more than one group.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Pls post in ONE group only

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"fomula problems" wrote in
message ...
I have a spreadsheet which every other column has 1's,A's,M's or is blank .
would like to be able to tell how many blanks or 1's or M's or A's are in
the
colomn, and would like to also know how many in the total for all of the
every other column hope this makes sense.
Alan

Don Guillett

Counting

You also posted in newusers. We read em all

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"fomula problems" wrote in
message ...
Did not realise that I was in more than one group.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Pls post in ONE group only

--
Don Guillett