-   -   Check if table contains text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9587-check-if-table-contains-text.html)

Peter B

Check if table contains text

I have a table with some functions that returns a text; "Buy" or "".
I would like to check rows in a column to check if any (one or more) of the
functions has returned "Buy". Any suggestions on what kind of function I
should use?
--
Peter B
Norway

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=IF(COUNTIF(A:A,"Buy")0, "one or more Buys","no Buys")