-   -   EDATE &EOMONTH problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9583-edate-eomonth-problem.html)

IC

EDATE &EOMONTH problem

When I try to use EDATE & EOMONTH I get an invalid name error (#NAME).

When I look at the formulae in the cells they have been changed to eDATE and
eoMONTH.

Can anyone explain why this is? It is happening in Excel 2000 & 2002.

Max

Think both functions require the Analysis Toolpak (ATP)
be installed and activated in Excel

Check the "Analysis Toolpak" box
(via Tools Add-Ins)

Chip Pearson's page has details on the ATP at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ATP.htm

--
Rgds
Max
"IC" wrote in message
When I try to use EDATE & EOMONTH I get an invalid name error (#NAME).

When I look at the formulae in the cells they have been changed to eDATE

and
eoMONTH.

Can anyone explain why this is? It is happening in Excel 2000 & 2002.

Myrna Larson

If you look at HELP for either function, it will tell you what the problem is
and how to fix it.