-   -   Hyperlinks between versions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9559-hyperlinks-between-versions.html)

Mike

Hyperlinks between versions

I cannot create a hyperlink on a spreadsheet that is protected, even though
the administrator unchecked the protect hyperlinks on the worksheet. The
worksheet was created using Excel 2003 and I am using Excel 2000. If he
completely removes the protection then I can insert hyperlinks. Is there a
compatibility issue? Or is there a patch or work around?

Carole O

Wow, Mike! I wrote today about a similar problem (The cell in question (of a
form designed in 2003) is unprotected. The form is in a shared directory.
When I hyperlink to another file in the shared directory, locate the data,
copy and return to the form, I can paste the data which then populates other
cells.

If I go to another computer (Excel 2000), I can hyperlink to the file in the
shared directory, locate the data, copy and return to the form. But - when I
go to paste it, I'm told that the form is protected, and in order to paste
the data, I will have to unprotect the form.

Is it a conflict between 2000 and 2003, or is it within our company?)

When I pulled up the form on 2000, I had to re-hyperlink it to make it work.
But I could not paste from a copied cell in the hyperlinked table to the
form. Hopefully we can use the same solution.

Carole O