-   -   How can I determine the largest physical size cell in a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/95510-how-can-i-determine-largest-physical-size-cell-column.html)

csa001

How can I determine the largest physical size cell in a column

Have a worksheet in which I need to know the largest size item in each
column, text coulmns only.

Ardus Petus

How can I determine the largest physical size cell in a column

=MAX(LEN(A1:A1000))
Array formula, to be validated with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

HTH
--
AP

"csa001" a écrit dans le message de news:
Have a worksheet in which I need to know the largest size item in each
column, text coulmns only.

SteveG

How can I determine the largest physical size cell in a column

Do you mean the highest number of characters?

Try,

=MAX(LEN(A1:A100))

This is an array formula so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter not just
enter. It should look like this after commiting,

{=MAX(LEN(A1:A100))}

Does that help?

Steve

--