-   -   Count Names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/95402-count-names.html)

mudraker

Count Names

In column A I have data that contains names. Most entries have a commar
between Surname and First name.

I need a formula that will count how many names (rows) have a commar in
them. The numer of rows will change as names are added or removed

Thanks in advance.

--
mudraker
mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2473

Bob Phillips

Count Names

To count the number of commas

=COUNTIF(A:A,"*,*")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"mudraker" wrote in
message ...

In column A I have data that contains names. Most entries have a commar
between Surname and First name.

I need a formula that will count how many names (rows) have a commar in
them. The numer of rows will change as names are added or removed

Thanks in advance.

--
mudraker
mudraker's Profile: