-   -   I need help with a formula similar to "countif" but more complex (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/95400-i-need-help-formula-similar-countif-but-more-complex.html)

Hendrik

I need help with a formula similar to "countif" but more complex

COUNTIF provide me with the amount of times a number was used in a column.I
now want to add weight to the different time position s of the spesific
number/s by introducing a column with values according to date and
multiplying the specific number by the weight and adding the totals so as to
compare the values historic significance.

Bob Phillips

I need help with a formula similar to "countif" but more complex

=COUNTIF(A:A,the_test_date)*weight

will do a simple calculation, but if you want to store all the weights and
dates in arrays, and calculate and sum in one step, you could use

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A2:A20,H1:H3)*I1:I3)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips