-   -   How do I: Extract column headers based on lowest number in sequence (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/95335-how-do-i-extract-column-headers-based-lowest-number-sequence.html)

WolfJack

How do I: Extract column headers based on lowest number in sequence

I'd like for Excel to return the colomn "name" based on the lowest value in
the sequence. For example-
Columns are A, B, C, D, E, F, G
Column names are in row 1
Rows 2-415 will have a series of numbers
Column H will contain the results for each individual row

I know I can use =SMALL(A3:G3,1) to get me the lowest value. The problem I
am having is how do I them translate that into the name of the column.

Thanks
-Adam

Ardus Petus

How do I: Extract column headers based on lowest number in sequence

=INDEX(A1:G1,1,MATCH(MIN(A3:G3),A3:G3,0))

HTH
--
AP

"WolfJack" a écrit dans le message de news:
I'd like for Excel to return the colomn "name" based on the lowest value
in the sequence. For example-
Columns are A, B, C, D, E, F, G
Column names are in row 1
Rows 2-415 will have a series of numbers
Column H will contain the results for each individual row

I know I can use =SMALL(A3:G3,1) to get me the lowest value. The problem
I am having is how do I them translate that into the name of the column.

Thanks
-Adam

[email protected]

Ardus Petus wrote:
=INDEX(A1:G1,1,MATCH(MIN(A3:G3),A3:G3,0))

HTH
--
AP

Perfect!