-   -   Filters in Excel 2003 are not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/95279-filters-excel-2003-not-working.html)

heather

Filters in Excel 2003 are not working

I have a customer who has a spreadsheet that has many columns. One of the
columns is filtered. The arrow about the column is blue and the other columns
have black arrows. Nothing happens when you click the blue arrow. You get no
options at all, nothing happens. It is the same way on multiple machines. I
have tried to put the info into anothre spreadsheet and the same thing
happens.

Ideas?

tim m

Filters in Excel 2003 are not working

not sure if this would affect things but are there any hidden or protected
columns etc that might be botching things up?

"heather" wrote:

I have a customer who has a spreadsheet that has many columns. One of the
columns is filtered. The arrow about the column is blue and the other columns
have black arrows. Nothing happens when you click the blue arrow. You get no
options at all, nothing happens. It is the same way on multiple machines. I
have tried to put the info into anothre spreadsheet and the same thing
happens.

Ideas?

Dave

Filters in Excel 2003 are not working

Heather

Have you tried turning off the Autofilter and then reapplying it?

Dave

"heather" wrote in message
I have a customer who has a spreadsheet that has many columns. One of the
columns is filtered. The arrow about the column is blue and the other
columns
have black arrows. Nothing happens when you click the blue arrow. You get
no
options at all, nothing happens. It is the same way on multiple machines.
have tried to put the info into anothre spreadsheet and the same thing
happens.

Ideas?

heather

Filters in Excel 2003 are not working

Dave,
I have tried turning off Autofilter a number of times and it didn't fix
anything.