-   -   How to select preceeding cell in a formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/95268-how-select-preceeding-cell-formula.html)

Dennis

How to select preceeding cell in a formula?

I need to replicate a formula down a column, where each cell is the value of
the preceeding cell (directly above it) + 1. I have no idea how to do this,
being new to Excel. Any ideas would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Franz Verga

How to select preceeding cell in a formula?

Nel post
*Dennis* ha scritto:

I need to replicate a formula down a column, where each cell is the
value of the preceeding cell (directly above it) + 1. I have no idea
how to do this, being new to Excel. Any ideas would be really helpful.

Thanks!

In A3 put:

=A2+1 and copy down...

--
(I'm not sure of names of menues, option and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Marcelo

How to select preceeding cell in a formula?

Hi Dennis,

assuming you will do it on the D column

on cell D1 type 1
on cell D2 use the formula =d1+1

and copy it down

HTH
Regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Dennis" escreveu:

I need to replicate a formula down a column, where each cell is the value of
the preceeding cell (directly above it) + 1. I have no idea how to do this,
being new to Excel. Any ideas would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Jon Quixley

How to select preceeding cell in a formula?

Dennis,

I hope that this is no more difficult than it seems:

If you have the number 50 in cell B3 and write the formula that follows
in cell B4: =b3+1, the result should be 51. If you then copy this
formula into cell b5, the answer should be 52 and so on.

Is this what you're after?

Jon

--
Jon Quixley