-   -   Editing Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/94998-editing-formulas.html)

Tony_CC

Editing Formulas

I have used sheet names as part of my formula, however, I have other
sheets with the same design. I have made a copy of the sheet, but it
carries the original sheet name. Is there a way of using the find and
replace feature to change the sheet name in the formula e.g. sheet1!a10
to sheet2!a10

I have a large number of cells that require the sheet name to be
changed, hence my question. I hope someone has an answer.

Thanks

--
Tony_CC
Tony_CC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35595

Bob Phillips

Editing Formulas

You don't need to include the sheetname in a formula if it refers to the
sheet that the formula ism on, if it doesn't, you would want the sheet name
to carry forward as is.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips