-   -   The same formula doesn't work again? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/94786-same-formula-doesnt-work-again.html)

Hru48

The same formula doesn't work again?

Hey all,

I have a workbook which contains allot of data which is all brought
together on a front sheet via a drop down box and this formula:

=INDEX(Data2!$C$2:$C$325,MATCH(INDEX(Reference!$B$ 2:$B$7,Reference!$C$9,1),IF(Data2!$B$2:$B$325=
$A9, Data2!$A$2:$A$325),0))

its works perfectly... until I copy the workbook and refreash the data
automatically.

Does anyone know if I have to do something to activate this formula
again? or can anyone think of a reason why it has stopped working when
everything seems to be the same?

Many thanks,

Hayley

--
Hru48
Hru48's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24895

pdberger

The same formula doesn't work again?

Hru48 --

In the past, when I've tried that, the formula in the new workbook looks to
data in the old workbook. Since that old one typically isn't open and/or
available, I get error messages.

I haven't been able to figure it out -- maybe the smarter people in the
forum can do that. I've just had to use brute force to rewrite the affected
formulas.

Sorry I can't help more -- maybe that can point you in the right direction.