-   -   Can I have error message when formula is over value? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/94770-can-i-have-error-message-when-formula-over-value.html)

dvozar

Can I have error message when formula is over value?

I need an error message to appear when a range of cells is to more than 24
hrs. The "validation" command only allows for data typed into that cell
directly to have an alert. How can I have a message alert for a cell that
has a formual?

VBA Noob

Can I have error message when formula is over value?

Have you got some sample data.

Are you saying you can't use Data Validation to do this.

How about a Forumla in the next cell.. Something like

=IF((SUM(J14:J15)*24)24,"<<< Error !!, Time cannot be more than 24 hrs
","")

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Dana DeLouis

Can I have error message when formula is over value?

One option might be to place code similar to the following in the module for
the specific worksheet.
Here, I assume A10 has your Sum( ) function.

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Range("A10") 1 Then
MsgBox "A10 is greater than 24 Hours"

HTH. :)