-   -   adjusting decimal place in protected worksheet in excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/94554-adjusting-decimal-place-protected-worksheet-excel-2007-a.html)

Mike

adjusting decimal place in protected worksheet in excel 2007

Hi, i have downloaded a worldcup Team electronic wall chart. I find that when
i enter the results into a cell, it puts the numbers in as eg. ".01" The
cells are not big enough to show all this data so it shows as 0, no matter
what score is entered. It is a protected worksheet, so i dont have any way of
formatting the rows. How can i change excel not to show a decimal point?
Thanks

Bob Phillips

adjusting decimal place in protected worksheet in excel 2007

Goto ToolsOptions and on the Edit tab there is a checkbox for Fixed
Decimal. Uncheck that box.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi, i have downloaded a worldcup Team electronic wall chart. I find that

when
i enter the results into a cell, it puts the numbers in as eg. ".01" The
cells are not big enough to show all this data so it shows as 0, no matter
what score is entered. It is a protected worksheet, so i dont have any way

of
formatting the rows. How can i change excel not to show a decimal point?
Thanks

Mike

adjusting decimal place in protected worksheet in excel 2007

Hi Bob, thanks for that but I am using 2007beta, I could not find "Tools
Options" button. I have since found it in the file menu, in the bottom bar!