-   -   Separating text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9437-separating-text.html)

PDJ

Separating text

Hi,

I have a worksheet full of text such as:

1 The High Street, Anytown, Anywhere, ZIP

There may be three, four or five elements to the address which are all
separated by commas. I would like to separate these into individual elements
(so I can import them to Access). I have the functions to strip out the first
and last component but I'm really struggling with the otheres.

Any help gratefully accepted.

PDJ
--
If nothing changes, everything stays the same

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Select the column. Choose Data/Text to Column. Select the Delimited
radio button and choose next. Check the comma checkbox. Click Finish.