-   -   Help... in excel. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/94242-help-excel.html)

MIKELA5

Help... in excel.

I'm working from a download excel file that I copy and paste to an existing
work book. I have a sumif formula that i'm using to pull information from
the download but am running into a problem with the "cr" (for credit) in my
download. I need for it to show "-" or "( )" . Is their a formula I can
include in my existing workbook to make this conversion, or maybe a macro(
which i've never worked with).

a b

1 1cr 2cr

needs to be:
a b

1 -1 or (2)

I hope I have supplied enough information.

Thank you.

Don Guillett

Help... in excel.

this will do it but it will also do it if you just have cr without the
number
Sub fixcr()
For Each c In range("a2:a200")
If Len(c) 2 And LCase(Right(c, 2)) = "cr" Then _
c.Value = "-" & Left(c, Len(c) - 2)
Next c

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software