-   -   How do I set up a formula to throw out the 2 lowest scores? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/94223-how-do-i-set-up-formula-throw-out-2-lowest-scores.html)

Rineay

How do I set up a formula to throw out the 2 lowest scores?

I would like to enter 8 quiz grades throw out the two lowest scores and get
the average of the 6 remaining scores.

I know there's got to be a way to do this, I just haven't figured it out
yet. Any help would be appreciated

I am using Excel 2003.

Ron Coderre

How do I set up a formula to throw out the 2 lowest scores?

Try this:

For scores in A1:H1

I1: =AVERAGE(LARGE(A1:H1,{1,2,3,4,5,6}))

Is that something you can work with?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP