-   -   MATCH and OFFSET (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/94059-match-offset.html)

[email protected]

MATCH and OFFSET

Hello,

I have three sheets in a workbook. The first sheet contains a project
plan from MS Project, the second sheet contains the same Project Plan,
except updated by Project Managers.

Here is where the fun begins. In the third sheet I'm trying to do a
MATCH from sheet 2 to sheet 1. But have the rest of the values in the
row move over to the third sheet as well. I'm able to match no problem
except it give me a "2" instead of the task name (which is what MATCH
does), but is there a way to I can use MATCH and OFFSET to bring over
the entire row? I basically want to get variances in start and finish
dates, complete %, etc. between the two plans.

Any help at all would be much appricated!! Thanks in advance!

Dave

Biff

MATCH and OFFSET

Hi!

Match returns a values relative position in an array. Use the Index function
in conjunction with Match to return the actual value:

=INDEX(A1:A10,MATCH(.........................))

If as you say: "I'm able to match no problem
except it give me a "2" instead of the task name"

In the above formula "Match 2" would return the value in A2.

If you want additional data from the same row just drag copy the formula
across and the Indexed range will increment to B1:B10, C1:C10, etc.

Biff

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I have three sheets in a workbook. The first sheet contains a project
plan from MS Project, the second sheet contains the same Project Plan,
except updated by Project Managers.

Here is where the fun begins. In the third sheet I'm trying to do a
MATCH from sheet 2 to sheet 1. But have the rest of the values in the
row move over to the third sheet as well. I'm able to match no problem
except it give me a "2" instead of the task name (which is what MATCH
does), but is there a way to I can use MATCH and OFFSET to bring over
the entire row? I basically want to get variances in start and finish
dates, complete %, etc. between the two plans.

Any help at all would be much appricated!! Thanks in advance!

Dave

[email protected]

MATCH and OFFSET

Thanks - I figure it out! I got rid of OFFSET and used INDEX instead -
works great!

Thanks,
Dave

wrote in message
[...]