-   -   Find Max after a date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9378-find-max-after-date.html)

Bruce

Find Max after a date

On my worksheet column I contains dates, E contains my values and D9 is my
startdate.

=MAX(IF(($I:$I=Shares!$D$9),$E:$E))

What I want to do is find the Max E value where the date (I) is greater than
D9.

I havnt got this quite right yet.

Bruce

Peo Sjoblom

You can't use the whole column range in an array formula, try

=MAX(IF($I1:I$500=Shares!$D$9,$E1:$E500))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

Peo Sjoblom

"Bruce" wrote in message
On my worksheet column I contains dates, E contains my values and D9 is my
startdate.

=MAX(IF(($I:$I=Shares!$D$9),$E:$E))

What I want to do is find the Max E value where the date (I) is greater
than
D9.

I havnt got this quite right yet.

Bruce

RagDyer

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(MAX((I1:I100=Shares!D9)*E1:E100))

However, with SumProduct, you can't use entire columns.
If necessary you could use 1:65000.
--

HTH,

RD

"Bruce" wrote in message
On my worksheet column I contains dates, E contains my values and D9 is my
startdate.

=MAX(IF(($I:$I=Shares!$D$9),$E:$E))

What I want to do is find the Max E value where the date (I) is greater than
D9.

I havnt got this quite right yet.

Bruce

Max

Try something like:

=MAX(IF($I1:$I100=Shares!$D$9,$E1:$E100))

Array-enter the formula, i.e. press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
instead of pressing ENTER

Adapt the ranges to suit
(but you can't use entire col refs)
--