-   -   how do i multiply hours:minutes by a cash value? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9337-how-do-i-multiply-hours-minutes-cash-value.html)

Jeremy Flisher

how do i multiply hours:minutes by a cash value?

doing a project spread sheet using custom format hh:mm to record volunteer
hours.
Problem 1 - volunteers who have contributed 24 hours return the wrong
answer when hours totalled )i.e. seems to go back to zero when 24 hours
reached)
problem 2 how do I multiply the totla individual hours by the individual
hourly rates to obtain a total value?

Bob Phillips

24 hours: format the cell as [hh]:mm

=Hours_worked*24*rate