-   -   Need column evaluated to count total of occurrences of "Y". How? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/93242-need-column-evaluated-count-total-occurrences-y-how.html)

learning

Need column evaluated to count total of occurrences of "Y". How?

I need to create a logic function to evaluate each cell in a specified range
to see if each cell contains "Y". If the cell contains "Y", then the number
"1" needs to be added to the running total. I want to know the total number
of "Y" in the column or specified range.

Peo Sjoblom

Need column evaluated to count total of occurrences of "Y". How?

=COUNTIF(A:A,"Y")

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"learning" wrote in message
I need to create a logic function to evaluate each cell in a specified
range
to see if each cell contains "Y". If the cell contains "Y", then the
number
"1" needs to be added to the running total. I want to know the total
number
of "Y" in the column or specified range.

learning

Need column evaluated to count total of occurrences of "Y". H

Very kind of you to help out. I will try it.