-   -   Last Non Blank (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/93208-last-non-blank.html)

George W. Barrowcliff

Last Non Blank

I have a row of numbers (Jan, Feb ..... Total)
I would like the last column (Total) to reflect the last non blank value in
the row.

I would appreciate any help or direction.

Thanks

Peo Sjoblom

Last Non Blank

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A3:M3<""),A3:M3)

adapt to fit your range

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"George W. Barrowcliff" wrote in message
I have a row of numbers (Jan, Feb ..... Total)
I would like the last column (Total) to reflect the last non blank value
in the row.

I would appreciate any help or direction.

Thanks

Ron Coderre

Last Non Blank

Try something like this:

With a list of values (or blanks) in A1:L1

The value of the last non-blank cell in that range is
M1: =INDEX(A1:L1,MAX(MATCH(10^99,A1:L1),MATCH(REPT("z" ,255),A1:L1)))

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"George W. Barrowcliff" wrote:

I have a row of numbers (Jan, Feb ..... Total)
I would like the last column (Total) to reflect the last non blank value in
the row.

I would appreciate any help or direction.

Thanks

Ron Coderre

Last Non Blank

Peo

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A3:M3<""),A3:M3)

That is much better than the bloated formula I came up with.
(sometimes it would be nice if we could retract a post so others won't waste
their time reading it)

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A3:M3<""),A3:M3)

adapt to fit your range

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"George W. Barrowcliff" wrote in message
I have a row of numbers (Jan, Feb ..... Total)
I would like the last column (Total) to reflect the last non blank value
in the row.

I would appreciate any help or direction.

Thanks

Peo Sjoblom

Last Non Blank

Hi Ron

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
Peo

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A3:M3<""),A3:M3)

That is much better than the bloated formula I came up with.
(sometimes it would be nice if we could retract a post so others won't
waste
their time reading it)

Many are the times through the years when I have posted something and wanted
to cancel it as soon as I saw another answer (yours included), although
there is a cancellation option in most newsreaders I have never found one
that really worked, besides once Google has updated it, it's there for
"eternity" <bg

Peo

George W. Barrowcliff

Last Non Blank

Thank you both for your efforts. Works exactly like I wanted.

"George W. Barrowcliff" wrote in message
I have a row of numbers (Jan, Feb ..... Total)
I would like the last column (Total) to reflect the last non blank value
in the row.

I would appreciate any help or direction.

Thanks

Aladin Akyurek

Last Non Blank

Faster...

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A3:M3)

if the last numeric value is what the OP wants.

Peo Sjoblom wrote:
=LOOKUP(2,1/(A3:M3<""),A3:M3)

adapt to fit your range