-   -   merge data from multiple columns to single column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9319-merge-data-multiple-columns-single-column.html)

triggerthehorse

merge data from multiple columns to single column

I have a mailing list that has the street number (column A), street name
(column B), and street suffix (column C) in separate columns on each row
(1037 rows). I would like to combine the data on each row of these 3 columns
into only one column. I have tried every thing I could find in the help
files, thanks,
Bill

Under Insert select Function, select all for the
category. Select the Concatenate function. Then put the
columns in each of the text fields that come up in the
wizard.

So in column D it will read
=CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)
Copy this function to each row.

I have a mailing list that has the street number (column

A), street name
(column B), and street suffix (column C) in separate

columns on each row
(1037 rows). I would like to combine the data on each

row of these 3 columns
into only one column. I have tried every thing I could

find in the help
files, thanks,
Bill
.

Gord Dibben

Bill

Unless you have a specific application that needs the mailing list all in one
column, I would recommend you leave it as is.

Makes for easier sorting and filtering if separate fields are used.

Also, if you were to use Word for a mailmerge for labels etc. you would need
the fields in separate columns.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP