-   -   why cond sum wizard returns diff result as when formula typed out (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92995-why-cond-sum-wizard-returns-diff-result-when-formula-typed-out.html)

ExcelKat

why cond sum wizard returns diff result as when formula typed out

When I use the conditional sum wizzard, I get the result that I want, however
I have MANY formulas to enter. So, knowing the structure and proper formula,
I wanted to just type the formula. However, when I do, I get a different
result because the conditional sum bracket doesn't stay or excel thinks the
formula is text.

I can't remember the short cut key to enforce a conditional sum formula and
I don't know a way around this. Can anyone help...too many formulas to do.
Thanks

bj

why cond sum wizard returns diff result as when formula typed out

can you give an example of the formula you want to use?

"ExcelKat" wrote:

When I use the conditional sum wizzard, I get the result that I want, however
I have MANY formulas to enter. So, knowing the structure and proper formula,
I wanted to just type the formula. However, when I do, I get a different
result because the conditional sum bracket doesn't stay or excel thinks the
formula is text.

I can't remember the short cut key to enforce a conditional sum formula and
I don't know a way around this. Can anyone help...too many formulas to do.
Thanks

Kevin Vaughn

why cond sum wizard returns diff result as when formula typed out

I don't use the conditional sum wizard, but I am going to take a wild guess.
Try entering the formula as an array formula, i.e. instead of committing with
Enter, try using Ctrl-Shift-Enter

--
Kevin Vaughn

"ExcelKat" wrote:

When I use the conditional sum wizzard, I get the result that I want, however
I have MANY formulas to enter. So, knowing the structure and proper formula,
I wanted to just type the formula. However, when I do, I get a different
result because the conditional sum bracket doesn't stay or excel thinks the
formula is text.

I can't remember the short cut key to enforce a conditional sum formula and
I don't know a way around this. Can anyone help...too many formulas to do.
Thanks

ExcelKat

why cond sum wizard returns diff result as when formula typed

Absolutely perfect!!! You are a genius and if i could hug you through the
computer...I would. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I'll write it
down in my daytimer so I never lose it again. Thanks sooooooo much and I
hope you receive many, many blessings.

"ExcelKat" wrote:

When I use the conditional sum wizzard, I get the result that I want, however
I have MANY formulas to enter. So, knowing the structure and proper formula,
I wanted to just type the formula. However, when I do, I get a different
result because the conditional sum bracket doesn't stay or excel thinks the
formula is text.

I can't remember the short cut key to enforce a conditional sum formula and
I don't know a way around this. Can anyone help...too many formulas to do.
Thanks

Kevin Vaughn

why cond sum wizard returns diff result as when formula typed

You are welcome :) Glad I guessed right.
--
Kevin Vaughn