-   -   Validation Links (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92918-validation-links.html)

mq

Validation Links

I have created two drop down lists in excel: one for the months of the year
and the other for years 1990-2015. I am trying to have another cell linked to
these two selections with the result being the total number of days in the
month selected based on the year selected...Does anyone have a solution to
this? Thanks alot

Ardus Petus

Validation Links

With month in A1, year in B1:
=DAY(DATE(B1,A1+1,0))

HTH
--
AP

"mq" a écrit dans le message de news:
I have created two drop down lists in excel: one for the months of the year
and the other for years 1990-2015. I am trying to have another cell linked
these two selections with the result being the total number of days in the
month selected based on the year selected...Does anyone have a solution to
this? Thanks alot

mq

Validation Links

thank you for your help, but im getting a value error???

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

With month in A1, year in B1:
=DAY(DATE(B1,A1+1,0))

HTH
--
AP

"mq" a écrit dans le message de news:
I have created two drop down lists in excel: one for the months of the year
and the other for years 1990-2015. I am trying to have another cell linked
these two selections with the result being the total number of days in the
month selected based on the year selected...Does anyone have a solution to
this? Thanks alot

Ardus Petus

Validation Links

Where are your month and year cells?

--
AP

"mq" a écrit dans le message de news:
thank you for your help, but im getting a value error???

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

With month in A1, year in B1:
=DAY(DATE(B1,A1+1,0))

HTH
--
AP

"mq" a écrit dans le message de news:
I have created two drop down lists in excel: one for the months of the
year
and the other for years 1990-2015. I am trying to have another cell
linked
these two selections with the result being the total number of days in
the
month selected based on the year selected...Does anyone have a solution
this? Thanks alot

Ardus Petus

Validation Links

Maybe your month value is text (like "January", not 1)

--
AP

"mq" a écrit dans le message de news:
thank you for your help, but im getting a value error???

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

With month in A1, year in B1:
=DAY(DATE(B1,A1+1,0))

HTH
--
AP

"mq" a écrit dans le message de news:
I have created two drop down lists in excel: one for the months of the
year
and the other for years 1990-2015. I am trying to have another cell
linked
these two selections with the result being the total number of days in
the
month selected based on the year selected...Does anyone have a solution
this? Thanks alot

mq

Validation Links

month is C6 and year is C7....currently i have the validation list as the
month i.e. Jan Feb Mar???

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Maybe your month value is text (like "January", not 1)

--
AP

"mq" a écrit dans le message de news:
thank you for your help, but im getting a value error???

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

With month in A1, year in B1:
=DAY(DATE(B1,A1+1,0))

HTH
--
AP

"mq" a écrit dans le message de news:
I have created two drop down lists in excel: one for the months of the
year
and the other for years 1990-2015. I am trying to have another cell
linked
these two selections with the result being the total number of days in
the
month selected based on the year selected...Does anyone have a solution
this? Thanks alot

Ardus Petus

Validation Links

Try turning your validation list into 1,2,3,...12

--

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Maybe your month value is text (like "January", not 1)

--
AP

"mq" a écrit dans le message de news:
thank you for your help, but im getting a value error???

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

With month in A1, year in B1:
=DAY(DATE(B1,A1+1,0))

HTH