-   -   Help in data comparison (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92900-help-data-comparison.html)

ansi_11111

Help in data comparison

I have a worksheet contains items serials and distributors (serial,
distributor) and I have a worksheet with the sold items serials and
customers (serial, customer name). I want to comapre the serial in the
second sheet with the first sheet to know the distributor who sold this
item, so the result will contain the sold item serial in a column and
the seller distributor in the second column!!

Any one will help.

--
ansi_11111
ansi_11111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35220

Marcelo

Help in data comparison

Hi, Ansi,

Worksheet 1
Column A B
1 serial distributor
2 0123 A&Co
3 0456 B&Co

Worksheet 2
Column A B C
1 serial Customer Distributor
2 0123 John A&Co
3 0456 Mary B&Co

try to use a formula in C2 as:
Vlookip(A2,worksheet1!A2:b3,2,0)

Chnage on the "worksheet1!A2:B3" to the name of your WS and the range as
your convenience

hope this helps
Regars from Brazil
Marcelo

"ansi_11111" escreveu:

I have a worksheet contains items serials and distributors (serial,
distributor) and I have a worksheet with the sold items serials and
customers (serial, customer name). I want to comapre the serial in the
second sheet with the first sheet to know the distributor who sold this
item, so the result will contain the sold item serial in a column and
the seller distributor in the second column!!

Any one will help.

--
ansi_11111
ansi_11111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35220
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549908

ansi_11111

Help in data comparison

Thank u for your help Mr. Marcelo (vlookup).