-   -   Auto Filter by Criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92774-auto-filter-criteria.html)

Bunson

Auto Filter by Criteria

I am looking for a way to have the data auto filtered according to the
criteria.
For example, I have data as following:
1
1
2
2
3
4

I have another cell for criteria input. If users input "2" in the cell.
The those data are not "2" will be filtered out.
Can I have a way by using excel functions only? Or Macro is needed?
Thanks all.

bpeltzer

Auto Filter by Criteria

Check the Advanced Filter (Data Filters Advanced Filter...). Its
arguments are the data range plus a criteria range. You'd set the criteria
range to be two rows by one column, with the first cell containing the column
header (it must match the corresponding header in your data table) and the
second cell the selected value. (Advanced filters allow more complex and/or
criteria, but it doesn't sound like you need that yet).