-   -   what formula in Excel will identify the first zero in a row and... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92684-what-formula-excel-will-identify-first-zero-row.html)

Dawnstar253

what formula in Excel will identify the first zero in a row and...

A row contains a series of diminishing numbers. I am looking for a formula
to identify the first zero occuring in the row and return the date contained
in the same column but higher row.
Any help is appreciated.

Don Guillett

what formula in Excel will identify the first zero in a row and...

try where the 0 is found in row 18
=INDEX(17:18,1,MATCH(0,18:18,0))
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dawnstar253" wrote in message
A row contains a series of diminishing numbers. I am looking for a formula
to identify the first zero occuring in the row and return the date
contained
in the same column but higher row.
Any help is appreciated.

Bob Phillips

what formula in Excel will identify the first zero in a row and...

Here is an example with rows 8 and 9

=INDEX(8:8,,MIN(IF(9:9=0,COLUMN(9:9))))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips