-   -   Is there any way for me to allow or restrict individual users' ab. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/9258-there-any-way-me-allow-restrict-individual-users-ab.html)

hsobah

Is there any way for me to allow or restrict individual users' ab.

I have a request from our CEO to give the ability to veiw certain column to
specific people, and restrict them from seeing others. Does anyone know of a
way to do that?

Jason Morin

Tell the CEO that you can hide columns and then protect
the sheets, but this is easily overridden by a curious
employee. I wouldn't recommend trying to hide any
sensitive information in an Excel document. For info on
workbook and worksheet protection, see:

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/faqs/protectionFAQ.htm

HTH
Jason