-   -   a function that counts the number of cells with information (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92555-function-counts-number-cells-information.html)

zuri125

a function that counts the number of cells with information

Is there such a function that counts the amount of cells with
information in them. For example right now Im trying to find this so I
can find an average. So Im wanting to divide the autosum by the number
of cells with information. The numbers that make up the autosum have
blank cells in between them, so i cant just count the number of cells;
i need the number of cells with information on them.
I hope you understand what Im asking for. Tell me if u want me to
explain more.
Thanks

--
zuri125
zuri125's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31131

VN

a function that counts the number of cells with information

The AVERAGE function can give you the corect result , even if it will
have blank in your range.

or you can this formula to counts the amount of cells with information
in them.

This formula for counting cell that stored any information .
=SUMPRODUCT(--NOT(ISBLANK(A1:A10)))

This formula for counting cell that stored number only.
=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(A1:A10))

VN.