-   -   vlookup problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/92549-vlookup-problem.html)

hudini

vlookup problem

hi there!
I am migrating data from one database to another. i have Old ID's and
New ID's. I am selecting an Old ID, then searching in a range of new
id's in one column with specific data next to it. i want to return the
data next to the old ID. i was told the vlookup should do it.
however, i get the same return value for all my search criteria - it is
the cell at the bottom of the search array.
any ideas?
i would be most appreciative for any help!
thanks so much!
Hudi

--
hudini
hudini's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35158

dainbrammage

vlookup problem

hudini,

When you use VLOOKUP the dat you are reference must brgin in column 1.
i.e. the item you are typing in must br located in the first column of
the array you are searching. you can then designate which column to
search. Post your format and I will try and help you.

--
dainbrammage
dainbrammage's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35159